Experienced Litigators. Dedicated Advocates.
Henry is a highly accomplished and decorated litigator with over thirty-five years of experience as a Chief Deputy District Attorney in the Denver District Attorney’s Office and as a private attorney. During his lengthy career, Henry tried many of the most complex and high-profile cases in Denver’s history. Henry has tried over two hundred and fifty jury trials to verdict, including fifty-eight homicide trials.
Henry understands the system from the inside out. He has insight into how prosecutors analyze a case, from what drives a filing decision through what issues are essential on appeal. His unique experience from both sides of the bar in the criminal system is an invaluable resource. Henry has instructed law enforcement attorneys and investigators on constitutional law issues, particularly Fourth and Fifth Amendment protections.
Throughout his practice, Henry utilizes his experience to fight for his clients against opponents with near-limitless resources.
Henry grew up in Denver and graduated from the University of Colorado School of Law. In his spare time, Henry is a coach for the Columbine High School Boys Basketball team and enjoys golf and the outdoors.
- Of Counsel
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Business Litigation
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- J.D. - 1987
- University of College Leeds School of Business - Finance , Boulder, Colorado
- B.S. - 1984
Classes / Seminars
- 5th Amendment Law, Denver Police Academy
- Cross-Examination Techniques, Colorado District Attorney’s Conference
- Negotiation in Criminal Cases, CLE instructor
- Sentences to Incarceration – Colorado District Attorney’s Conference
- Murder Trial Prosecutions – Denver District Attorney’s Office Annual Retreat
- 4th Amendment Search and Seizure Law, Denver Police Academy
- Denver District Attorney’s Office “Courtrooms to Classrooms Program”
- University of Colorado, Moot Trial Instructor/Judge
Honors and Awards
- Denver Police Department Homicide Unit Special Recognition Award – 2015
- Denver Sheriff P.R.I.D.E Award for Excellence – 2014
- Denver DA Meritorious Service Award – 2013
- Denver Police Department Homicide Unit Special Recognition Award – 2007
- Park Hill Community Justice Counsel Appreciation Award – 2002
- CCSSA Criminal Justice Award – 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- National Black Prosecutors Association
- Sam Cary Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Chief Deputy District Attorney