Experienced Litigators. Dedicated Advocates.
Anna Geigle is a partner at The Geigle Law Firm, LLC. Before forming the firm, Anna was a Deputy State Public Defender in the Denver Trial Office. During her tenure as a Public Defender, Anna was appointed on more than three thousand cases. Anna’s appointments ranged from misdemeanor traffic to juvenile to sexual assault and homicide cases. The vast majority of her experience is in representing clients charged with felony offenses. To date, she has tried over fifty cases to verdict.
Anna entered private practice in 2013. In this capacity, Anna represents clients charged with crimes ranging from the most serious felony offenses to county and municipal violations. Her criminal practice areas also include representation on post-conviction and death penalty cases.
Anna represents clients in personal injury, civil litigation, and civil rights cases. Anna also dedicates a portion of her practice to pro bono representation through the Colorado Criminal Defense Institute. Anna has instructed in the areas of general trial advocacy, trial skills, and competency in defense of sexual assault cases.
Anna received her Juris Doctor from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. She earned admission to the Order of St. Ives, an honor awarded to graduates ranking at the very top of the graduating class. She is licensed to practice in Colorado.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Civil Rights
- Colorado, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2016
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: Order of St. Ives
- Colgate University, Hamilton, New York
- Bachelor of Arts - 2002
- Major: Economics
- Sex Assault Defense: Demystifying the SANE Examination, January 2018
- Trial Advocacy: Cross Examination, First Judicial Bar Association, April 2017
Honors and Awards
- SuperLawyers - Rising Stars
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Avvo Superb Rating
- Attorney of The Year, Denver Trial Office of the Colorado State Public Defender
- Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Member, 2007 to Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 2016 to Present
- National Association of Professional Women, Member, 2013 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Salas and Zuckerman, LLC, Owner, 2013 to 2015
- Office of the State Public Defender, Deputy Public Defender, 2007 to 2012
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro Bono representation for those eligible to seal and deregister as sex offenders , 2015 to Present